How to grill a boneless rib steak perfectly for your own taste. Rib Steak is a super versatile cut of beef that is full of flavour!
I have a serious weakness for beef. It’s my favourite choice when it comes to meat. Any chance I get to treat myself my pick is going to be steak. Hands down, any time, it’s steak for the win. I love rib steaks, bone in, boneless, it’s all good. Unless you ask me to share, then all all bets are off.
We’re an odd bunch here, everyone likes theirs cooked to a different temperature. So I thought I’d share my tips for cooking several steaks at several temperatures at the same time. The key is timing. I throw the ones I want well-done on first, then I set the timer on my phone for 2 minutes intervals. Then the fun begins. The well done one is sizzling, then the timer goes off, I toss on the medium done, another 2 minutes passes and I toss on the rare. Once the timer goes off again I flip them, as the timer continues to go off I pull them off the grill. The rare one off first, the medium one off second and the well done one off last. Then I let each rest for 10 minutes. I slice the rare first, then the medium, then the well done. It’s like a well oiled machine. It works well for us. That way everyone gets their steak the way they want it.
I’m a big believer in cooking extra food every time I make something. I’ll toss a couple of extra steaks on the grill so I can make other things with it the next day for lunch and dinner. I’ll make a steak salad for lunch, then maybe a steak sandwich or stir fry for dinner. I figure if I’m going to brave the grill in the middle of winter, in Canada no less, I’m going to make the most of it.
Stick around after the recipe for a great giveaway from Grill Daddy. I had the pleasure of testing out some of their products recently. Today I’m giving away the Grill Daddy Pro Spatula, on Sunday I’ll be giving away the Grill Daddy Ultra Grip Tongs, and on Tuesday I’ll be giving away the Grill Daddy Steam Cleaner. I’ll give you my thoughts on the Spatula today after I share the recipe for my Grilled Boneless Rib Steaks.
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
I am telling you this is one of the simplest but tastiest ways to make steak. Sometimes you just want the meat to speak for itself. My daughter likes hers smothered in sauce. I like that too but more often than not plain is my personal choice. Simple, classic and buttery smooth.
So as promised I wanted to give you the scoop on Grill Daddy tools. They sent me 3 pieces to test out. Today I’m sharing some information and thoughts on the Grill Daddy Heat Shield Pro Spatula. Then I’m giving away a set to one lucky reader. It could be you!
Here’s some specs on the Grill Daddy Heat Shield Pro Spatula:
- Professional-grade, stainless-steel spatula features a rotating heat shield, ergonomic comfort-grip handle, telescoping shaft & interchangeable attachments
- Heat shield hand guard swivels to protect hands from searing grill heat and flare ups
- Telescoping shaft extends 5-1/2 inches for further protection from heat
- Detachable and interchangeable attachments with push of a button, converting into many grilling tools
- Weighted & balanced design and ergonomic grip handle for maximum comfort
- Meat thermometer stores in handle for added convenience
- High quality, heavy gauge stainless steel and dishwasher safe
- Interchangeable attachments include: Fish Flipper, Slider Flipper, Fork & Basting Brush
- Available at: Home Depot, Lowes, Amazon, Meijer & BuyGrillDaddy.com
- Price: $19.99
- Website: Grill Daddy
Here’s my thoughts on the Grill Daddy Heat Shield Pro Spatula:
- Sturdy and well made.
- Heat shield is awesome, especially for beginners. I found it mildly annoying.
- Telescopic shaft is wicked cool, I can grill from farther away. Which means less chance of burning any digits.
- Very comfortable for both men and women.
- Having the meat thermometer hidden in the handle is a genius idea. It’s the one thing I forget when grilling so it’s super handy.
- Love that I can toss it in the dishwasher. Hubs throws everything in there so sigh of relief this can go in there.
- Attachments would be cool to add on, I don’t have any so I can’t offer feedback on them.
Would I buy this if I needed a spatula?
Yes. I would buy it simply based on the quality. It’s well made and I am rough on my grill tools. While I found the swivel hand shield annoying for me I’d make my kids use it. Mini-me is learning to grill so I’d feel safer knowing she was using this. It only takes one time to reach too far back and burn your hand. So this tool is safe, effective and a good buy.
Grill Daddy was nice enough to offer up an extra Grill Daddy Heat Shield Pro Spatula for one of my readers. The giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada. Must be over 18 to enter. Enter using the rafflecopter below.
Disclosure: I was provided with one Grill Daddy Heat Shield Pro Spatula to test out for my review. I was not compensated for my opinion. I value my readers so any review will be honest so you never waste your time or hand earned money.
Other Great Beef Recipes from Yours Truly:
Steak Bites, pictured above
Grilled Striploin, pictured above
Beef Tenderloin Kebabs, pictured above
Now be confident and get your grill on!