This is one serious recipe to get your friends dunking for the big game. This bad boy has bacon, jalapeño peppers, shallots, onions, peppers, and tons of cheese. It’s perfect for dipping, and it’s amazing spooned over mini sandwiches or meatballs!
Welcome to Day #4 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25. Lots of great prizes will be up for grabs so you do not want to miss one single day. Follow #AppetizerWeek on Twitter to keep up to date with all our amazing recipes and giveaways!
This recipe is adapted from Ted Reader. If you don’t know who Ted is you are living under a rock, my friends. Ted is a grilling guru. He is my inspiration to get out there and learn more every single day. I have his cookbook, it’s one of my favourites. I’ve had this recipe in various forms and it’s always a hit. It’s perfect for dipping things in, it’s ideal for smearing on tortillas, it’s amazing on top of sandwiches. You can vary it in so many ways, all of them are incredible. This is a must try!
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
- 2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1/4 pound bacon cut into small chunks
- 2 fresh green jalapeno peppers
- 3 shallots diced or thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion diced or thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper diced or thinly sliced
- 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce diced super finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil I used garlic oil
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup pizza mozzarella grated
Preheat your grill to about 350 to 450 degrees F.
Place your grilling stone on the grill, over direct heat.
Slap some butter on the stone.
Pop the bacon on first and allow to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
In a large bowl mix the jalapeno peppers, shallots, onion, red pepper, chipotle, salt and pepper. Combine well.
Toss that onion mixture on the stone. Use tongs to move it around.
Add the oil and then toss the cheese on top.
Let the cheese bubble and melt for about 4 to 6 minutes. I like mine with crispy bits but you can remove yours sooner.
You can transfer to a bowl for dipping or pour over other appetizers.
Enjoy with a big old cheesy smile.
Recipe NotesRecipe is slightly adapted from Ted Reader's Cheesy Goodness which can be found in his cookbook Gastro Grilling. It's my favourite grilling cookbook in the entire world.
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more amazing recipes:
- Bacon Jalapeño Poppers by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cheesy Melt by Kiss My Smoke
- Turkey Meatballs with Blackberry Sauce by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- BBQ Flavored Popcorn by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Sweet Potato Waffle Fries by Food Done Light
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Almond Crusted Baked Eggplant by Je suis alimentageuse
- Crab Rangoon Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Chicken Tacos by Clarks Condensed
- Cured Ham & Olive Tortilla Pinwheels by From Gate to Plate
- Mustard and Gruyere Batons by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Nuts by My Catholic Kitchen
- Crispy Cheese Twists by Life Off the Clock
- Baked Sriracha Bites by Organized Island
- Mini Pita Pizzas by Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Green Hummus by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Cauliflower-Potato Bites by Cookerati
- Pickled Pepper and Pepperoni Puff Pastry Pizza/Pinwheels by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Sriracha Chicken Pockets by Lemons for Lulu
- Candied Bacon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Baby Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto by Food Lust People Love
- Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Low Carb Monster Fingers by Yours and Mine are Ours
Our sponsor today is Savorx Spice & Flavor Co. They are providing one lucky reader with a Spiceologist Starter Block. Knife block meets spice rack in this beautiful European Beech block filled with 22 glass vials of fresh spices. Beautify your kitchen in one easy step! Not only is it gorgeous it will help you be creative in the kitchen by keeping your most used spices close at hand. You can follow Savorx on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest.
Make sure you enter the rafflecopter below for your chance to win. Thanks so much to Savorx Spice & Flavor Co. for donating the prize today. This is one giveaway I wish I could enter. I’ve been coveting one of these for some time. I’m a serious spice addict.
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by SavorX. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
You seriously have to try this. You are going to flip your lid. This is so amazing. Mix it up, swap out different ingredients, spice it up or down and just have fun with it. You’ll want to make this for every party you have from now on!
Now be confident and get your grill on!