Fire up that grill and whip up a tasty dinner of Grilled Rib Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce. This easy recipe packs a serious flavour punch!
This is a sponsored post for New York Bakery® Texas Toast. All opinions are my own. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Kiss My Smoke.
For me, nothing beats an amazing grilled rib steak. It’s my favourite cut of beef, bar none. Any chance I get to whip up rib steaks I take it. Gleefully.
On this particular day I decided to amp it up a bit and add a simple chimichurri sauce to slather over top of the steaks. Chimichurri sauce is so simple to make at home.
The recipe for both the rib steaks and the chimichurri sauce are both very easy to make. I like simple recipes, particularly when I’m grilling. Keeping it simple during the summer months keeps me sane.
I decided to grill some Texas Toast from New York Bakery along with the steaks. Then I heated up some baked beans for the perfect side dish to complement the meal. Dinner was perfect.
New York Bakery Texas Toast is the perfect solution when you want tasty bread without any hassle. It’s easy to grill. Just open the package, place the frozen pieces on the grill, and grill a few minutes on each side.
You can make the steaks and New York Bakery Texas Toast on a gas grill or charcoal grill. Whatever works for you. Either way be sure to use your own judgement on how you like your steak. I like mine medium rare.
Keep in mind this recipe will work for any type of steak. If you have flank or t-bone those will work perfectly. Just adjust your cooking time and marinate if needed. This one does not need marinating.
I find it’s best to keep things simple with rib steaks. Just a little salt and pepper then top it with a little special something. Chimichurri sauce qualifies as something special.
Not only is it easy to make, it’s absolutely delicious. It’s perfect over the steak and even slathered on the bread. You can use it as a marinade if you like as well.
This stuff is delightful. Spoon it over steak or chicken. Use it to dunk bread in. You can even top side dishes with it. It’s absolutely amazing on tacos and fajitas too. It’s so versatile.
While I love chimichurri on everything, I really love it best on steak. I mean, it just enhances the flavour of the meat and makes it extra special. Without a ton of effort. Which I dig.
One perk of my job is getting to eat amazing food while I develop recipes and take photos. I made this 3 times so I could get perfect photos and videos. My job does not suck. It’s the dream job!
Now, run out to the store right this minute to pick up some juicy rib steaks! While you’re there be sure to stock up on tons of New York Bakery Texas Toast. Once you get home, make this immediately!
I made a video for this recipe. It’s my second video to date so I’m still learning. I took a video workshop in Utah last month that has really helped me a lot.
Places to stalk Kiss My Smoke!
Grilled Rib Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce
For the Chimichurri:
For the Garlic Toast:
- 1 package of New York Bakery Texas Toast
For the Chimichurri:
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well. Allow to sit for about 10 to 15 minutes before using so the flavours really meld together.
- Store in the fridge until needed. This is best served the day you make it.
For the Rib Steaks:
- Preheat grill to medium high. Be sure to clean and oil grates before putting steaks on.
- Season both sides of the meat with salt and white pepper.
- Place on grill, put the lid down and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Lift lid and turn the rib steaks over, put lid down and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Lift lid, remove rib steaks from grill. Allow to stand for about 10 to 20 minutes, depending on how thick your steaks are. Giving them time to stand will allow the juices to redistribute.
For the Garlic Toast:
- Open package, remove from wrapping and set bread on a platter. Grill over low heat, cooking on both sides till golden brown with grill marks. Remove from grill and place on a platter.
Putting it all together:
- Plate steak, spoon lots of chimichurri sauce over top. Place 1 or 2 slices of bread on the plate, along with your favourite side dish.
- Serve with a big old rib steak with chimichurri sauce loving smile!
Now be confident and get your grill on!