Grilled pizza is easy to make and perfect for family gatherings or game day. This pizza recipe is topped with multiple varieties of bacon for added oomph!
Easy Grilled Mini Bacon Pizzas
Mini grilled pizzas are the way to go when you have company for dinner. Especially if you have young kids. They get their own pizza, their own way. Kids love that. Most adults like that too.
Not only is it a great way to allow guests to get involved but each person can customize their own pizza. Let’s be honest, if you’re a friend of mine you will be piling on the bacon like there’s no tomorrow.
When I make bacon pizza I love using different flavours of bacon. That way you get an added oomph when it comes to taste. And in my world the more bacon you pile on a pizza, or anything else for that matter, the better.
I know so many people think of bacon as a breakfast food. Seriously, who doesn’t love bacon first thing in the morning? Waking up to the smell of bacon wafting through the house is always a pleasure. It just is. No one can deny it.
While I love noshing on bacon in the morning, I dig bacon enough to eat it all day long. Why only eat your favourite food at one meal? That makes no sense to me. If you love bacon, and I know you do, you should eat it whenever you want.
Bacon is not just for breakfast any more. Break all those old rules, tear down the stereotypes. You can eat bacon any time of the day. Live it up. Bacon all the things.
Tips for making grilled pizza:
- Prep everything in advance.
- Make sure grill is clean and the grates are oiled.
- Preheat the grill properly.
- Bring the ingredients to the grill.
- Toss the stretched pizza dough on the grill first.
- Assemble the pizza toppings on the dough while it’s on the grill. Less messy than moving it.
- Remove cooked pizza with a spatula or pizza peel.
- Place on surface and use a pizza wheel or rocker to slice it.
- Serve immediately.
Other great grilled recipes
- Rib Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce
- Steak and Potato Bites
- Mexican Street Corn
- Easy Grilled Honey Garlic Ribs
- Grilled Steak Salad with Balsamic Sauce
- Bacon Wrapped Chili Dogs
- Fajita Hot Dogs (from my other blog, Cravings of a Lunatic)
- Mexican Hot Dogs (from my other blog, Cravings of a Lunatic)
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
Facebook ~ Pinterest ~ Instagram ~ Cravings of a Lunatic
Easy Grilled Mini Bacon Pizzas
- 1 package of store bought pizza dough divided into 4
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce plus 1 teaspoon of sugar mix well
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound Naturally Smoked Brown Sugar Bacon
- 1/2 pound Naturally Smoked Maple Bacon
- Cook the bacon ahead of time to desired crispness. Lay flat on paper towels till ready to use.
- Preheat your grill, allowing it to warm up, then set it at 450 degrees F and let it stay consistent at that heat. Place a pizza stone on grill if you have one.
- Divide the dough into 4 sections. Using a tiny bit of flour, roll out the dough into individual size rounds. Set aside.
- Take ingredients to the grill and assembly them on there so you don't have to move them. They tend to fall apart when you try to move them after toppings are piled on.
- Lay the pizza dough down first, then scoop pizza sauce on each round and smooth out. Toss mozzarella on top evenly. Place both kinds of bacon on top of the mozzarella.
- Close the lid on the grill, allow pizza to cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Open the lid and check pizzas. I use a spatula to lift the corner to see the bottoms are perfectly light brown, and then check the top to make sure the cheese is melted perfectly. Every grill varies greatly so you may need to adjust your time up or down by a few minutes.
- Remove pizza from the grill and place on platter to make transferring to the table easy.
- Serve with a big old bacon loving smile!
Now be confident and get your grill on!
I’m drooling on my computer here… why have I not thought of BACON PIZZA before!?!?!? I think I’m changing our menu for the weekend stat and incorporating them into it!
Brenda@Sugar-Free Mom says
Well that just looks scrumptious, I mean how can it not with that tasty bacon on it!
Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes says
I love making individual pizzas when I have my nieces and nephews over! Great idea!
I don’t want to live in a world where people think bacon is just breakfast food! Bacon all the time, bacon on all the things. Now bring me some bacon pizza!
Angie | Big Bear's Wife says
YES!! Bacon all the things!! Bacon is totally breakfast food but it’s also lunch food, dinner food and snack food! Thomas would eat these little pizzas’ up !
Nutmeg Nanny says
I LOVE when my pizza is loaded up with bacon. When I was a kid my dad would get mad at me because I would pick off all the bacon and barely leave any for anyone else….haha
Colleen (Souffle Bombay) says
BACON!! Ok, I want to stuff my face full of this pizza right now! Lawd! Not much can beat a perfectly grilled pizza…with BACON!
Christina @ Christina's Cucina says
I used to put bacon on my pizza a lot, but haven’t done it in ages?! I wonder why? I love making a no knead overnight dough which is practically the same as buying it because it takes no work at all and tastes fabulous! Now I need to get grilling with my bacon pizza! Thanks for the inspiration!!
bacon pizza- yes please, that’s two favorite’s in one.