Rock the grill this summer with this easy recipe for Cheesy BBQ Sausage Bites. Every bite is amazing!
This post is sponsored by Kingsford®. All opinions are my own. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Kiss My Smoke.
Nothing beats spending a great day outside grilling up a delicious dinner. The day I grilled this recipe was slightly cool for this time of year. Those are the best days to grill, if you ask me.
I’ll grill any time of the year though. Summer is so much fun because I can spend all day outside grilling and gardening. I’ll take the pups out with me and play play with them while I cook.
Some days I’ll set up my laptop outside and work while the grill does its thing. It’s amazing how enjoyable work can be if you’re outside in the sunshine. It make work seem more like a hobby.
Other days I like to just cook ALL the things on the grill. The days I made these Cheesy BBQ Sausage Bites I also make asparagus, bacon, fire-roasted tomatoes, grilled peppers, and sausages.
I know, right. I figure if the grill is rocking I may as well load it up with everything in my fridge. I love to make the most of the heat and make enough food for a small army.
No matter what I cook I always make sure I have tons of BBQ sauce on hand. Did you know Kingsford has its very first line of sauces and rubs? Squee! So many sauces, so little time.
The Kingsford Sauce Lineup:
- Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce
- Kingsford® Honey Jalapeno Mesquite BBQ Sauce
- Kingsford® Brown Sugar Applewood BBQ Sauce
Tag ’em on social media with their hashtag:
Use their hashtag #SauceFaced on social media to share your thoughts on their sauces!
Need grill tips? I can help!
I’ve learned a lot of things to do (and not do!!) during my years working the grill.
Tips and Tricks:
- Think ahead. Make sure you have ALL your ingredients on hand.
- Make sure your grill grates are clean. Food will stick on dirty grates.
- Oil your grill grates before adding food. Super helpful tip. Never forget this one.
- Fire up the grill in enough time for it to get hot. Don’t procrastinate.
- Always make sure you have a direct heat zone and an indirect heat zone.
- Most grills have hot spots just like ovens. Get to know your grill so you know where they’re at.
- Make sure you have your utensils at the ready.
- Always make sure you have clean platters near the grill to put food on when it’s done.
- If the food sticks it’s likely not ready. Leave it and try again in a few moments. Trust me.
- Keep the lid down. The more you move that sucker up and down the less consistent the heat is!
Recipes that will rock your next grill party:
- Grilled Steak Bites
- Grilled Brick Chicken
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Grilled Smashed Potatoes
- Grilled Asparagus with Brown Butter and Shallots
Slather as much sauce on these beauties as possible!
Now let’s get down to grilling these Cheesy BBQ Sausage Bites. You ready?
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
Cheesy BBQ Sausage Bites
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 3 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 cup Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce plus additional sauce for serving
Build a charcoal fire for indirect cooking using Kingsford® Charcoal Briquets with Hickory or Mesquite by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void, and preheat the grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
While the grill preheats, divide breakfast sausage into 12 even portions then flatten into disks. Cut each string cheese stick into four even portions and place each cheese section onto a ground beef disk. Gently form the ground sausage around the cheese so that the cheese is entirely encased. Wrap each cheese stuffed meatball in a slice of bacon and use a toothpick to secure the end of the bacon.
Place the bacon wrapped meatballs onto the cool side of the grill, cover the grill and allow them to smoke for approximately 20 minutes. When until they are cooked through and the bacon is nicely browned and crisp. Brush meatballs with Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce, cover the grill, and allow the sauce to set for 2 minutes.
Remove meatballs from the grill and serve immediately with additional BBQ sauce.
Recipe created by Clint Cantwelll on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal and shared with permission.
Nutritional information is a rough estimate. Different brands and ingredients will impact the final calculation.
*Did you make this amazing recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Now be confident and get your grill on!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kingsford. The opinions and text are all mine.