S’mores Campfire Waffle Cups are super quick and easy to make, like campfire cones but cuter. Fill them up with all your favourites toppings!
These cute and easy s’mores campfire waffle cups are always a hit at parties and cookouts. They are so fun to make and eat. Kids love them and adults will arm wrestle over the last one. True story!
This post is sponsored by Kingsford®. All opinions are my own. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Kiss My Smoke.
Summer is flying by this year. I cannot believe it’s almost September. I’m not ready for summer to end. I love the gorgeous weather we’re having right now. It means I can be outside all the live long day and grill to my heart’s content.
I see so many people talking about how summer is over. Um, no!!!
Summer vacation may be over but we still have a month of summer left. Please don’t rush it. Some of use LOVE summer and never want it to end.
When you live in Canada you learn to enjoy every single minute of summer. You basically learn to enjoy all the seasons. Except winter. All bets are off for enjoying winter.
Anyone who has ever shovelled 3 feet of snow only to get another 2 feet an hours later knows what I’m talking about right now.
So, excuse my annoyance with people rushing into Fall. I’m not ready. I don’t even like pumpkin, man!!!
I know that makes me a bad food blogger. I don’t care. I’m sticking by my dislike of pumpkin and that’s all there is to it!
Right now I want to fully embrace my love of all things summer. My favourite thing about summer is….
Seriously, s’mores should be a food group. Not even kidding. Can we petition someone to make that happen? Let’s do it!!
Okay, moving on.
Since I was craving s’mores I swung by Walmart to grab some Kingsford Charcoal and all the ingredients I needed to make s’mores campfire waffle cups. I dig Walmart! Great prices, friendly shopping environment, and I can get EVERYTHING I need to “adult” in one place.
I mean, if you consider making s’mores campfire waffle cups adulting. I do. Some days adulting means I put on pants instead of wearing jammies. Some days adulting means I fought the urge to take a 5 hour nap. Adulting means only napping for 2 hours instead of 5, right?
So, I picked up a couple of bags of Kingsford® Match Light® Instant Light Charcoal, plus my s’mores ingredients at Walmart. Then I grabbed an ice cream cone on the way home. “Adulting” is hard. So hard.
I made these cut little cups for a family function. You know, a “special” occasion. The special occasion we celebrated was getting all 4 of us together in the same room for 30 minutes. Summer is nuts and the hooligans get busier and busier as they get older. So, we have to grab our moments when we can.
Some days you just need to whoop it up with s’mores.
And some days you just want to laze around on the couch and eat all the s’mores campfire waffle cups.
Kingsford would love to know what your favorite non-holidays or best ‘adulting’ moments are. You can hit them up on social media to share your “adulting” moments for your chance to WIN an Instant BBQ Kit!!
Some things you should know about Kingsford® Match Light® Instant Light Charcoal:
- When you open the bag it has a slight odour. It does burn off after you start your fire and burn it for a bit.
- Do not use a chimney starter for this. In my humble opinion, it is not necessary and would burn too hot.
- As with any new product you should play around with it a little bit before using it for an event. Learn how it burns. Always good advice.
What I liked about Kingsford® Match Light® Instant Light Charcoal:
- It’s quick.
- It’s easy.
- It’s reasonably priced.
- I can grab it at Walmart which is where I shop for most grilling supplies. So it’s convenient.
- Walmart carries other Kingsford products so I can grab s’mores supplies and briquettes at the same day. Score!
Are you ready for adulting today? Nah, nope. Bring on the s’mores!
Stalk Kingsford on Social Media!
Places to stalk Kiss My Smoke!
S’mores Campfire Waffle Cups
- 6 waffle cups
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Prep charcoal and light it your fire. Preheat grill to medium heat using 2 zone method for cooking.
- Tear 6 sheets of aluminum foil big enough to wrap around each cup. Set aside.
- Place 1 cup on each piece of foil.
- Fill each cup with mini marshmallows.
- Fill each cup with chocolate chips
- Wrap each waffle cup up individually, being careful not to crush cups.
- Place cups on a platter to transfer outside.
- Place each cup over indirect heat as close to direct side as possible. Place lid on grill.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Every grill is different so I always suggest staying near your fire, especially for short cooking times.
- Remove from grill. Carefully unwrap each cup. Place on platter for serving.
- Serve with a big old s'mores loving smile!
Check out my GRILLED MEXICAN STREET CORN while you’re here!!!
Now be confident and get your grill on!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kingsford®. The opinions and text are all mine.