This Grilled Steak Salad with Grilled Baby Carrots, Asparagus and Garlic Toast Croutons is the perfect healthy lunch or dinner recipe.
Grilled Steak Salad
Well, hello gorgeous grilled steak salad!
Okay, part of me wants to apologize for making another salad for the blog and part of me wants to scream from the rooftops because it’s so freaking delicious!
I had some leftover steak and this girl loves steak WAY too much to waste any of it. So, I whipped up this grilled steak salad for lunch. Then, I did a little happy dance while I was eating it. Just because.
Honestly, I’m a huge fan of boneless rib steak and make it quite often. They are perfect to eat on their own or to whip the leftovers into an awesome salad.
Whether you eat it for lunch or dinner, this salad is really filling. Not only is it delicious but it’s a super hearty meal.
Not only do we always have steak on hand, we also tend to always have garlic toast on hand too. We all love it so I decided to use it as croutons in this salad.
I’m going to be totally honest, it rocked my world. There is something about juicy steak, crisp veggies and toasted garlic bread combined together that will make your toes curl!
Now get your butt outside and fire up that grill. Make this gorgeous grilled steak salad immediately!
More Dinner Recipes:
- Steak Bites and Potato Bites
- Grilled Steak Salad with Balsamic Sauce
- Smoked Ribs
- How to Grill a Tomahawk Steak
- Easy Grilled Honey Garlic Ribs
- Brick Chicken
- Slow Grilled Chicken Thighs with Alabama Sauce
- Greek Chicken Orzo Power Bowls from Cravings of a Lunatic
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke
Steak Salad with Grilled Baby Carrots, Asparagus and Garlic Toast Croutons
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- Slice up your leftover steak into thin strips. Place in a cast iron, or other grill friendly pan, with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place your carrots in a medium sized bowl, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Place your asparagus in a medium sized bowl, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Rinse and dry your greens, place in a big bowl and pop that in the fridge till you need it.
- Now take everything you need to the grill. Make sure you have clean plates for all the food that comes off the grill. Never reuse one you brought the food out in.
- Pop the carrots on the grill first. They will take the longest. Depending on the size of them I'd recommend cooking them for about 6 to 8 minutes, I like mine with a bit of bite left in them. So use a fork to test them. Keep turning them so they cook evenly. And I'd recommend putting them around the middle part of the grill. The back of mine gets too hot for veggies, so get to know your hot spots. If you're nervous the first time cooking veggies over direct heat feel free to cook them on indirect heat for about 15 to 20 minutes. You can even pop them on a pan to keep them from flaring up.
- Toss the asparagus on next and cook for about 5 to 8 minutes, turning when needed, take them off when you have them the way you prefer them. Some folks like charred bits, some do not. It's all good in the hood. Cook to your own preference.
- Now place the pan on the grill. Make sure you are careful with the handle. I have a cover for the end of my cast iron pan, and keep thick oven mitts by the grill at all times. If you're using leftover steak it only needs to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes to warm up.
- Put the garlic toast on at the same time as the steak. It cook really quickly. Each side only takes 2 to 4 minutes depending on what time of garlic bread you are using.
- Now remove everything from the grill, transferring them all to clean dishes to take inside. Turn off your grill.
- Working quickly slice up the asparagus and carrots into chunks. Then cut the garlic bread into large chunks as well.
- Pull the greens out of the fridge. Toss the steak over top. Toss the asparagus and carrots over top as well. Then toss the garlic toast pieces over top. If you want you can drizzle with Balsamic Sauce or any kind of dressing.
- Serve with a big leftover loving smile!
Now be confident and get your grill on!