A new twist on a old classic. Steak and potatoes gets made into bite sized appetizers for game day. Simple, and utterly delicious!
Welcome to Day #2 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25.
I love easy recipes. My free time is limited, therefore it becomes super valuable. Any time I can speed up a recipe so I can eat quickly so I have more time for other things is a good day. The trick is I don’t want to sacrifice flavour and taste for speed. So I’ve learned to keep the cooking techniques simple and amp up the flavour with spice and heat. The best of both worlds collide when you do that. And it’s a beautiful thing.
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
Visit all the other Appetizer Week Peeps for more Munchie Causing Goodness:
- Pizza Dip by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Steak and Potato Bites by Kiss My Smoke
- Gluten Free Brie en Croute by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Caramelized Onion, Brie, and Pear Crostini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Low-Carb Chicken Dip by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Caramelized Onion Dip by Cooking in Stilettos
- Tuna Bruschetta by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Harvest Sweet Potato Salsa by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Parmesan Chips by Makobi Scribe
- Mini Cheeseburgers by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies by Clarks Condensed
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites by From Gate to Plate
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Apricots by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Crock Pot Party Meatballs by My Catholic Kitchen
- Bacon Cheese Popcorn by Life Off the Clock
- Empanada Mini Pies by The NY Melrose Family
- Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Easy Cheesy Mexican Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- French Onion Grilled Cheese Stackers by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Root Beer Chicken Wings by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Swiss Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms by Cookerati
Today’s sponsor is Anolon. They are providing an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel Collection 10-piece set, which includes1.25 Qt. & 2.5 Qt. covered saucepans, 3 Qt. covered saute, 6.5 Qt. covered stockpot, 8″ & 10″ French skillets. This Anolon Set has a stunning, high polish finish that would class up any kitchen. The set is crafted with a layer of copper on the bottom which provides optimum heat conduction. This Anolon collection is also dishwasher safe. Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel cookware is gorgeous and will withstand the test of time.
GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED!
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Winner must be 18 years of age, or older. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be contacted via email and has 72 hours to respond before a new winner is drawn. Good luck!
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Anolon. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
You must try both of these recipes. I love ordering steak bites in restaurants. I can’t get enough steak in my diet. It’s my favourite cut of meat. I do something similar to this with chicken too. I’ll have to share that recipe with you soon. I’ve been making chicken bites and steak bites since the kids were little. The potatoes are a recipe a family friend showed me years ago. She made hers with different spices and cheese. I’m a mozzarella girl so any recipe that I can swap out cheddar for mozzarella I’m going to do it. The subtle heat in these potatoes is amazing. Just make sure you tailor the amount of chipotle and smoked paprika to your taste buds. We’re heat people here. We love some zing. If you don’t like heat just adjust those ingredients. You can sprinkle fresh parsley over top, I actually like dried. I find fresh herbs overpowering for some dishes so I tend to use dried more than fresh.
Thanks again to all our participants, sponsors and to Kristen for co-hosting with me. Make sure you continue to tune in all week for more delicious recipes and more spectacular giveaways!
Now be confident and get your grill on!