Thanks to Wright Brand® Bacon for sponsoring this post. Kiss My Smoke is proud to partner with Wright® Brand Bacon and @Walmart for this post. For more details see the bottom of the post.
Yeah, I went there. All the way there. To there and infinity, and beyond. If you’re going to do a thing do it all the way. That’s my motto. Or at least that’s my motto for today.
I love bacon. I know, I know, everyone says they love bacon. But no one loves bacon quite like I love bacon. Not even kidding. I can eat a pound just waiting for more to cook.
I’m one of those people who dreams about bacon. Not even kidding. If I had a dollar for every dream of mine that included bacon I’d be a millionaire. No joke. I dream about bacon that often.
There’s something about that salty crisp bite that just makes me weak in the knees. It’s the perfect food. And quite frankly I’m more than a little disappointed it’s not it’s own food group.
I am so board with Wright® Brand Bacon‘s campaign to get people to use bacon for more than just breakfast. There’s so many people who think bacon is a breakfast food. While rocks for breakfast, it should be welcome at your table all day long.
Bacon is welcome in my world all the live long day. I use it for breakfast, but I also use it for lunch, dinner, snacking and everything in between. I want everyone in the world to start thinking like me. Bacon all the live long day.
So if you’re looking for bacon menu options make sure you scroll to the bottom of the post. I’ll share some of my favourite bacon recipes with you. Think outside the breakfast table, peeps. Bacon it up all day long.
In the meantime go whip up some of these bacon wrapped chil dogs for lunch or dinner. Your family will flip their lids for this one. That is, if you share. These are so darn good you might want to hog them all for yourself.
But that would be wrong. Oh, so wrong. So terribly wrong. I would never do anything like that. I mean hogging all the bacon wrapped chili dogs for yourself is just wrong on every level.
Okay, okay, I admit it. I totally hogged the bacon wrapped chili dogs. I want to feel bad. But they were SO good. This is where the hashtag #sorrynotsorry comes in very handy. I ate them all. And I don’t even feel bad. Not. One. Little. Bit.
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
- 6 hot dogs
- 12 strips of Wright Brand® Bacon, I recommend the Wright® Brand Naturally Applewood Smoked Bacon or Wright® Brand Naturally Hickory Smoked Bacon for this recipe
- 1½ cups chili, your own or store bought
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of diced onions
- 6 hot dog or sausage buns
- Preheat grill to medium heat, once it hits medium heat then reduce to low. I like cooking these slower over lower heat to ensure less flare ups from the bacon.
- Wrap your hot dogs in bacon. Stick a toothpick through the bacon and hot dog when you first start wrapping to secure it in place, then wrap so you cover all the hot dog with bacon. It took me two strips of bacon per hot dog. I use big beef hot dogs. As you start the second strip use another toothpick to secure it in place, then one at the end where you stop. Each hot dog will have 3 to 5 toothpicks in it to ensure the bacon stays on while it cooks.
- Place the hot dogs on the grill and cook over low heat until the bacon cooks to your preference. Lower heat means less flare ups, it may take longer to cook but there's less chance of burning them so it's a good way to go. I cooked mine for about 8 minutes, yours will vary from about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your heat level, and how well done you like your bacon.
- While the hot dogs are cooking heat up your chili. Set aside till needed.
- Once the bacon wrapped hot dogs are cooked you can remove them from the grill. Then carefully remove all the toothpicks.
- Place your bacon wrapped hot dogs on buns, layer lots of chili over top, then top with onions and cheese.
- Serve with a big old bacon loving smile!
Bacon Wrapped Chili Dogs for the win. Bacon it up, people. Bacon it all up.
Swing by Wright® Brand Bacon to see all their awesome products. You can find them at Walmart, tons of great varieties at great prices. Because the only thing better than bacon is bacon that didn’t break the bank!
“That’s Wright® Brand Bacon. Bigger, thicker slices. Heartier, more robust flavor. It’s everything you love about bacon … only better.”
Looking for more Bacon Recipes? Check these out:
Now be confident and get your grill on!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Wright® Brand® Bacon. All opinions are 100% my own.