Great chicken drummettes that are perfect as an appetizer for a tailgate party, or any party for that matter. They are simple to make and incredibly tasty. There’s just enough spice to make you heat seekers happy.
Okay seriously man, what kind of a dude steals all his wife’s food like that. Not cool man, not cool.
I’d love to tell you how perfectly awesome these were. I’d love to tell you I ate a truckload of these bad boys. Yet all I can tell you is the one I sampled while shooting the photos really quickly was amazeballs.
I’ve made these before so I can attest to them being good. However I hate saying that when I did not get to taste test a truckload of this particular batch. I had no idea hubs had them all till it was too late. I swear you just can’t trust some people.
So while I decide whether or not I need a lawyer for this crazy behaviour I’ll share the recipe with you. The one I ate was amazeballs. So there’s that.
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
Spicy Chicken Drummettes
- In a medium sized bowl, or container, combine the drummettes, spices, salt, and pepper. Mix it all up till the drummettes are coated really well. Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, ideally overnight if you can.
- Fire up your grill to a medium heat, I'd shoot for about 350 to 425 degrees F.
- Now spray non stick spray all over a rimmed cookie sheet. Pop the sheet on the grill and allow it to get hot.
- Now toss your drummettes onto the cookie sheet. Pop the lid down and let them cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on your heat.
- Carefully flip them over and pop the lid back down. Allow to cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your grill.
- Keep an eye on them during the time as every grill cooks a little differently. Most have at least one hot spot and you should know where yours is.
- Remove carefully from the grill.
- Heat your barbecue sauce up in the microwave, or on top of the stove.
- Place the drummettes in a medium sized bowl. Pour the heated barbecue sauce over top of them. Mix them around in it.
- Enjoy with a big old messy smile!
You can substitute another sauce if you like another better. https://kissmysmoke.com
This is the part where I usually offer really insightful grilling tips. Here’s one for you. Never trust a hungry husband. Or one whose leaving town in 2.39 minutes. Hungry people can not be trusted with your food. Trust me!
Hope you enjoyed today’s tip!
Are a drummette fan? Or more of a wing person?
I like them both, but I have to say I’m more of a wing girl. If I cut up a bunch of chicken for a party I’ll dig through the entire platter till I find the wings. I figure it’s my reward to get them since I do all the cooking.
You can check out these Simple Grilled Chicken Wings and grab the recipe for future grilling!
Thank you for spending some time with me today!
If you’ve learned anything it’s to never steal my food. You’re welcome!
Now be confident and get your grill on!