These wings are perfect of your next tailgate party. Perfect for football season, or just any night you feel like some spicy chicken wings. Simple to make, and addictive to eat. You’re going to want to make an extra batch, or two.
Simple, sticky and messy. Perfect food for football season. If you’re looking for an easy recipe for grilled wings this one is for you.
I love cooking chicken on the grill. It adds so much flavour. Some days I’ll cook it right on the grill grates. Other days I pop a cookie sheet on top of the grill and have at them that way. Usually I do this when I’m multi-tasking. Which I always tell other grillers not to do. On occasion I’m doing double duty in the kitchen and on the grill. Luckily my house is small and I can run back and forth between them in a few quick steps. My daughter will keep an eye on things while I’m bouncing back and forth. It’s good to have back up when you’re trying to do it all.
I love to cook though so it’s never one of those things that gets under my skin. I figure you just roll with it, and do your thing. Only do your thing if you have back up though. You don’t want to burn your freaking house down, so multi-task with caution. Make sure you have a minion at your disposal to help out.
The day I made these I was bouncing around like mad. My hubs was heading out of town for a few days for work, so I was trying to rush so he could take some of the food with him. He works in another city so he’s only here about half the time. I sort of forgot he was leaving. Bad wife I know. Luckily I had a bunch of different items on the grill so I could send him off with some food. The stakes are high when you’re a food blogger. All his work friends are going to taste my food and judge me. So I cook with extra care so the judgement is always in my favour. As it should be. I mean look at these things.
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings
- 1 lb of chicken wings
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Montreal Chicken Spice
- Salt and Pepper generously
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Club House La Grille Roasted Garlic and Peppers Rub Marinade
- 1/2 cup of your favourite barbecue sauce I used Bullseye Original for these
- In a medium sized bowl, or container, combine the wings, montreal chicken spice, salt, pepper and marinade. Mix it all up till the wings are coated really well. Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, ideally overnight if you can.
- Fire up your grill to a medium heat, I'd shoot for about 350 to 425 degrees F.
- Now spray non stick spray all over a rimmed cookie sheet. Pop the sheet on the grill and allow it to get hot.
- Now toss your wings onto the cookie sheet. Pop the lid down and let them cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on your heat.
- Carefully flip them over and pop the lid back down. Allow to cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your grill.
- Keep an eye on them during the time as every grill cooks a little differently. Most have at least one hot spot and you should know where yours is.
- Remove carefully from the grill.
- Heat your barbecue sauce up in the microwave, or on top of the stove.
- Place the wings in a medium sized bowl. Pour the heated barbecue sauce over top of them. Mix them around in it.
- Enjoy with a big old messy smile!
Some food I like to sauce pre-grill, and others post-grill. Wings I find great to do after. That way the skin does not get too charred. I love a little char but with wings less is more for me. In terms of char, not quantity of wings I can consume. Just sayin’.
I also like the cookie sheet trick for wings. It keeps them from getting too charred, and for novice grillers it will keep your skin on the chicken and not on the grill grate. If you grill these right on the grate be sure yours is super clean and oiled well. Also do not move the food around too much. If it’s sticks it’s likely not ready to be moved yet.
Hope you enjoyed today’s tip!
What’s your favourite when it comes to chicken wings? Are you a crispy fried wing person, or a grilled buffalo wing person?
I swear it’s impossible to decide. I do love a good fried chicken wing, but when it come to grilled I love honey wings, and I love these ones. I also really enjoy a good Asian Style Sauce, like Teriyaki on them. You just can’t go wrong with wings. Of any kind.
Thank you for spending some time with me today!
I hope you get to try these out. I swear I ate a boatload without the sauce before I took photos. These wings are amazing, with sauce and without. Enjoy!
Now be confident and get your grill on!