Thanks to Wright Brand® Bacon for sponsoring this post. Kiss My Smoke is proud to partner with Wright® Brand Bacon and @Walmart for this post. For more details see the bottom of the post.
Easy to make grilled pizza topped with multiple varieties of bacon! Get your bacon on. Bacon it up. Bacon all the things. Bacon makes the world go round.
Individual sized pizzas are the way to go when you have young kids. They get their own pizza, their own way. Kids love that. Not going to lie, most of us adults like that too.
It’s also a great way to allow guests to get involved when they are visiting. Each person can customize their own pizza with just the right amount of meat. And let’s just put this out there, if you’re a friend of mine you will be piling on the bacon like there’s no tomorrow.
When I make bacon pizza I love using different flavours of bacon. That way you get an added oomph when it comes to taste. And in my world the more bacon you pile on a pizza, or anything else for that matter, the better.
I know so many people think of bacon as a breakfast food. I mean who doesn’t love bacon first thing in the morning? Waking up to the smell of bacon wafting through the house is always a pleasure. It just is. No one can deny it.
While I love noshing on bacon in the morning, I dig bacon enough to eat it all day long. Why only eat your favourite food at one meal? That makes no sense to me. If you love bacon, and I know you do, you should eat it whenever you want.
There are so many great options for lunch and dinner recipes using bacon. You can pile bacon on sandwiches, add it to grilled cheese, crumble it over salads, wrap anything in the world up in it, and toss it in your favourite mac n cheese.
Bacon is not just for breakfast any more. Break all those old rules, tear down the stereotypes. Bacon is for any time of the day. Live it up. Bacon all the things.
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
- 1 package of store bought pizza dough, divided into 4
- ½ cup pizza sauce plus 1 teaspoon of sugar, mix well
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ½ pound of Wright® Brand Naturally Smoked Brown Sugar Flavored Bacon
- ½ pound of Wright® Brand Naturally Smoked Maple Flavored Bacon
- Cook the bacon ahead of time to desired crispness. Lay flat on paper towels till ready to use.
- Preheat your grill, allowing it to warm up, then set it at 450 degrees F and let it stay consistent at that heat. Place a pizza stone on grill if you have one.
- Divide the dough into 4 sections. Using a tiny bit of flour, roll out the dough into individual size rounds. Set aside.
- Take ingredients to the grill and assembly them on there so you don't have to move them. They tend to fall apart when you try to move them after toppings are piled on.
- Lay the pizza dough down first, then scoop pizza sauce on each round and smooth out. Toss mozzarella on top evenly. Place both kinds of bacon on top of the mozzarella.
- Close the lid on the grill, allow pizza to cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Open the lid and check pizzas. I use a spatula to lift the corner to see the bottoms are perfectly light brown, and then check the top to make sure the cheese is melted perfectly. Every grill varies greatly so you may need to adjust your time up or down by a few minutes.
- Remove pizza from the grill and place on platter to make transferring to the table easy.
- Serve with a big old bacon loving smile!
Don’t let life tell you when you can, and can’t eat bacon. Break the rules, you can eat your bacon any time you want, any way you want and NO ONE is going to tell you differently. Eat bacon all day long if you want. Bacon for the win.
Swing by Wright® Brand Bacon to see all their awesome products. You can find them at Walmart, tons of great varieties at great prices. Because the only thing better than bacon is bacon that didn’t break the bank!
“That’s Wright® Brand Bacon. Bigger, thicker slices. Heartier, more robust flavor. It’s everything you love about bacon … only better.”
Now be confident and get your grill on!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Wright® Brand Bacon. All opinions are 100% my own.