This is a great way to use up any leftover corn on the cob you have this season. The flavour of the bacon with the corn is fabulous, toss in some butter and it’s perfection!
I love corn on the cob. We eat it constantly when it’s in season. I tend to have “my eyes are bigger than my stomach” syndrome and always end up cooking too many ears of corn. So this is one of the ways I’ll use that leftover corn. I swear I make extra sometimes just so I can make this dish.
Skillet corn is something I make often. I have a similar recipe on my other site for Spicy Chipotle Skillet Corn with Bacon that I made last year for Bacon Month. Skillet corn is a classic dish. Something quick and easy, always more fun to make in a cast iron skillet.
My cast iron skillet makes a regular appearance on my grill. They distribute heat evenly which I love. Just be careful to keep something nearby for the handle. You don’t want to grab that bad boy when it’s scorching hot.
I think sometimes people think they can only cook things directly on the grill grates. That couldn’t be further from the truth. I use all kinds of cookware on my grill. Cast iron skillets, cookie sheets, casserole dishes, pie plates, not everything that goes on the grill needs to be in aluminum pans. They are great because they are disposable but sometimes it’s nice to use something a bit nicer.
I hope you get a chance to make this. It’s simple, quick and perfect for using up your leftover corn on the cob. Now go stock up on some bacon. You’ll want to make this every day during corn season.
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
- ½ pound of bacon, cut into large pieces
- 4 to 6 ears of corn on the cob, leftover so already cooked
- ½ cup (1 stick) of butter (NOT MARGARINE!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- On one side of the grill place the corn on the cob and allow it to char slightly. You want it to just gets bits of black here and there. Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly. Then use a knife or corn tool to remove the kernels. Place them in a bowl and set aside.
- Pop the bacon in a skillet and allow to cook until it's almost crisp, but not quite. This should take maybe 8 to 10 minutes depending on your heat.
- Add the corn to the pan and stir it around to mix it in with the bacon. Allow to cook for about 5 to 8 minutes. You want it to just heat up and start to brown on the edges just slightly.
- Add the butter, cook for about 5 minutes. You want to allow it to melt and mix with the corn and bacon perfectly.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper over top.
- Remove carefully from the grill.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Serve with a big old bacon loving smile.
Perfect for Bacon Month. And corn season. You must try this one out. You will love it. Your family will love it. Your guests will love it.
I also made some Bourbon Bacon Jam for Bacon Month. Check it out!
Bacon Month rages on. Make sure you check out all the other Bacon Month Participants. You will what they have in store for you. Bacon rules.
Giveaways are open to US and Canadian residents. Canadian residents will receive an amazon.com egiftcard in the amount of the book’s price. Winners will be announced within 48 hours, and will have 48 hours to claim prize, must be 18+, and entries will be verifies (no “giveaway accounts”) This info is listed in the terms, but I wanted you all to know too.
Be sure to tune in all month for more bacon recipes!
Now be confident and get your grill on!