If you’re going to do something, do it right! These bacon wrapped Italian Smoked Sausages are seriously indulgent. Whoop it up this grill season!
Okay so let’s just get this out of the way right from the start. We all know there’s an elephant in the room. And that elephant is called smoked sausages wrapped in bacon.
Yes, smoked sausages wrapped in bacon are phallic shaped. Yes there’s no way to hide that fact. Yes they look like penises. There is absolutely no way around that.
So get your giggles out of the way so we can move on to the food. Because the food is what you came here for.
Can’t stop laughing? It’s okay. Seriously, it’s hard not to. Show them to your friends. Let everyone get a good giggle.
Then have them take a bite, and all giggling will stop. I promise you that. If not I suggest you take a giant knife and cut one of these bad boys in half in front of the culprit who is laughing. Trust me, that will shut them up super quick. Particularly if that person is male. Works like a charm.
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 package of Italian Smoked Sausage
- 1 package of sausage buns
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- Take one long strip of bacon and wrap it around the smoked sausage, it took 2 strips of bacon per sausage for mine. I used toothpicks to hold the bacon in place while it cooked.
- Place the sausages on the grill and allow them to cook until the bacon crisps up. The ends of the sausage get a bit crispy, but it's okay, go with it.
- They take about 4 to 5 on both sides. Cook to your desired preference.
- Remove from grill.
- Place on bun (you can toast them if you like) and pile on toppings of your choice. Bacon jam goes wonderfully on them.
- Serve with a big old bacon loving smile!
Seriously scrumptious, wildly indulgent and wickedly addictive. You must try these today.
Plus you get to giggle over their phallic shape. So there’s that too.
I promise they are easy to wrap. Take out some toothpicks and lay a few on the counter near your work area. Then pull off two strips of bacon. Wrap one tightly around the first half of the sausage and use the toothpicks to hold the spot you start at, and the spot you end at. Wrap the second strip of bacon around the second half. Use toothpicks to hold into place. Be careful to place the toothpicks in the spots that won’t have much contact with the grill. Makes it easier to flip them.
There are so many jokes coming to mind right now but I’m trying to behave and get through the post with some grace and dignity.
Epic fail. All I can think right now is “hey look, its a weiner on a bun”. So much for grace and dignity. Sorry. My bad.
Be sure to visit the more mature participants of Bacon Month. Hopefully they are making things that are not oddly shaped. I’ll be over here hanging my head in shame.
I want to feel bad, but they’re so damn good. Enjoy one. Today!
Want more bacon….and really who doesn’t? Keep scrolling!
Charred Skillet Corn with Bacon, pictured above
Bourbon Bacon Jam, pictured above
Candied Maple Bacon, pictured above
a Rafflecopter giveawayNow be confident and get your grill on!