How to Make the best Shrimp and Jalapeno Quesadilla recipe on the grill. This easy dinner recipe is loaded with shrimp and cheese.
Amazing grilled shrimp and jalapeño quesadilla recipe, courtesy of my pal Steve who blogs at The Black Peppercorn.
I’m enjoying some time off this week. My son is visiting from out west so we all decided it was time for a staycation. Everyone booked time off work and we’re just kicking back and spending some time together. Much needed time together.
When I made the decision to take time off I asked some of my blogging friends to guest post for me. My pal Steve of The Black Peppercorn gets to kick off the guest posts for Kiss My Smoke. I couldn’t be happier about that. I adore Steve, he’s just good people.
Steve is an avid griller, and smoker, among so many other things. He’s also a fellow Canadian which I dig. So it’s an absolute thrill to have him here today. So without further ado please welcome Steve to the blog.
I remember back when I first started blogging. There was so much to learn, including everything from web design, food photography, photo editing, recipe writing and more. I quickly discovered that there is a wonderful community of bloggers out there, willing to help and support the newbies.
Early on, I found this website called Cravings of a Lunatic and I wondered what kind of nut would run this site. Well, once meeting Kim, I quickly learned that she was a beautiful combination of crazy and genius! Her recipes are incredible (oh my the ice cream!) and the photos look delicious. But, what I truly value about Kim, is the friendship. It is amazing how, people you have never met, can be such a real support and a true friend. Even just recently, I was up late at night, a time that I discovered is Kim Productivity Time (haha), and Kim was online and gave me some great counsel about a blogging matter. Thanks Kim!
Kim and I have much in common, both living in Ontario, both lovers of Walking Dead and both owners of a Bradley Smoker. We also both love to grill, so when Kim asked for some people to contribute guest posts for her grill focussed blog, I was quick to offer my services. I also wanted to help out because Kim contributed a guest post for Moose Tracks Ice Cream on my site a couple of years ago.
I asked Kim what type of recipe she would like me to share and she said that since she is allergic to shellfish, a recipe some kind of seafood recipe would be great. Well, I love shrimp, so that was easy and since we eat Mexican all the time at home, I was excited to make these Shrimp and Jalapeño Quesadillas and share them with you. They are incredible!!
Thanks Kim, for letting me guest post on your website!
I would like to thank Steve from the bottom of my heart for his kind words, and his lovely guest post today. I am so happy to have friends like Steve that I can count on when life gets crazy and I need to step away for a bit.
I’m thrilled Steve made a seafood recipe for me today. I always feel bad for my readers that I can’t post any on the blog. I’m allergic to shellfish, and so is my daughter so we never risk it. But I grew up with my Dad being an avid seafood lover. He spent a great deal of his life on the East coast so he had a real affinity for seafood. I would come home sometimes to find lobsters hanging out in our bathtub. Seafood brings back so many memories for me. All good ones.
Make sure you swing on by Steve’s blog, The Black Peppercorn. You can poke around Steve‘s general recipe index, his BBQ recipe index, and his sous vide pages for more info. Steve also does product reviews, and hosts some amazing giveaways.
Shrimp and Jalapeño Quesadilla
- 16 cooked shrimp
- 3 green onions
- 3 jalapeño peppers
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 6-8 medium soft flour tortillas
- Peel the shrimp and cut them each into 3-4 smaller pieces.
- Thinly slice the green onions and core, seed and mince the jalapeño peppers.
- In a medium size bowl toss together the shrimp, green onions, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Make the quesadillas by scooping some of the shrimp mixture onto half of each soft tortilla.
- Evenly sprinkle some cheese onto the shrimp mixture and then fold the soft tortilla over covering the shrimp and cheese. Do this with all the quesadillas.
- Heat grill to medium high heat, around 400-450F.
- Carefully place the quesadillas on the grill and close the lid. Cook for about 6-8 minutes, or until the tortilla is starting to brown and the cheese is beginning to bubble.
- Note - A grill stone or pizza stone works great for quesadillas. If using a stone, make sure it has time to heat up before placing the quesadillas on the grill stone.
- Serve with guacamole.
Thanks for visiting today. I have two more amazing buddies guest posting for me this week so be sure to tune in on Sunday, and again on Tuesday.
Now be confident and get your grill on!