A simple way to roast garlic on your grill. Perfect for spreading on bread or using in mashed potatoes. Also really good on pizza. So easy to do, and tastes like garlic heaven! You’re going to love this!
This is one of my favourite things to do on the grill. Your grill is on all the time any way so make good use of that heat source and roast some garlic while you cook dinner. It’s great to spread on bread, wonderful added to veggies or pasta salad. It’s pure heaven in mashed potatoes. If you’ve never tried garlic mashed potatoes you’re really missing out on something extraordinary.
You’ll find this super simple to make. All you need is some tinfoil, some garlic, and some olive oil. I add a pinch of salt to my roasted garlic as well, but if you’re watching your salt you don’t need to. It’s not a make it or break it ingredient in this.
Next time you fire up your grill make sure you leave a little room on it for this. You’ll thank me later.
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
Grilled Roasted Garlic
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt if desired
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- Take a piece of tinfoil large enough to wrap the garlic completely and set aside.
- Peel off the outer layers of the garlic, leaving the skin around the individual bulbs on. Cut off the top, about 1/4 inch of it so it exposes the top part of the cloves.
- Place the garlic in the middle of the tinfoil.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Pop it on the top rack of your grill over medium heat.
- Depending on the size of your garlic and the temperature of your grill the garlic will take about 30 to 45 minutes.
- It's done when the cloves are soft and slightly golden.
- You can remove the cloves with a fork or just squeeze the bottom end and they all pop out.
- Use in pasta, potatoes or spread on bread. The possibilities are endless.
You can use olive oil or garlic olive oil to season your grill before cooking. Before firing up your grill wipe, or brush on oil to keep food from sticking and give a flavour boost. Garlic oil works wonderfully when grilling beef or veggies.
Thank you for spending some time with me today!
Make sure you pop a few heads of garlic on your grill the next time you fire it up. I’d love to know what kinds of dishes you use roasted garlic in. My favourite way to use it is on warm bread. So good!
Now be confident and get your grill on!