Thanks to Weber Sauces and Seasonings for sponsoring this post. Kiss My Smoke is proud to partner with them for this campaign.
There is something about chicken slathered in barbecue sauce that just makes me weak in the knees. Even better when it’s a sauce from my favourite grill company.
Did you know Weber not only makes grills, but they also make seasonings and sauces? I know right. It’s epic news. I love their grills and have been coveting a natural gas one for years. One day I will own one. A girl has to have dreams, right.
Weber Sauces and Seasonings sent me some of their new BBQ Sauces to try out. I am always sceptical when I try new sauces. I mean I’m a gal who can whip up her own customized sauce faster than most gals can slap on their makeup.
So I know sauce, and what it takes to make it go from bland to knock your socks off. My bar is set high for sauce. No one can limbo their way under that bar. Make a killer sauce or I move on to the next one. Just the way I am. I’m a tough critic.
I taste tested the “Sweet & Thick Original BBQ Sauce”, the “Smoky & Thick Applewood Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce”, and the “Sweet & Thick Honey BBQ Sauce”. My verdict? They not only met my expectations but surpassed them. Times a million.
My favourite changed depending on what I was making. The Original formula is a fabulous all around sauce, good for everything from chicken to ribs. The Applewood was perfect on smoked ribs. And the Honey was fabulous for these chicken bites.
After eating my way through 3 bottles in the past 2 weeks if I had to pick a favourite it would have to be the Honey. No wait, I changed my mind, it’s the Applewood. Um, no, it’s the Original. Okay, I can’t decide. You will have to buy all 3 and decide for yourself.
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup of Weber Sweet & Thick Honey BBQ Sauce, divided
- Preheat grill to medium heat, no more than about 375 to 400 degrees F for this one.
- Wipe the inside of your cast iron pan with a bit of butter. I like doing that every time I use mine on the grill.
- Place chicken pieces inside the cast iron pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper over top to your own taste.
- Bring pan to grill and place on grill grate. Close grill lid. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the butter once the moisture cooks out of the chicken, cook in the butter for about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your grill.
- Add ½ the BBQ sauce to the pan, cook for about 5 minutes with lid open, stirring occasionally.
- Take off the heat carefully, remember that handle is HOT so use a cover and oven mitts.
- Add the remaining ½ of the BBQ Sauce and stir until combined and coated perfectly.
- I cooked mine on the low side of medium heat so start to finish this took about 30 minutes. You can cook it faster by increasing the heat but I find it dries it out if you go over about 375 to 400 degrees F.
- Serve with a big old Weber Sweet & Thick Honey BBQ Sauce loving smile!
I love this recipe. I love this sauce. This is a recipe I’ve been making for eons. I make it on the grill and also in my oven. It’s super easy to make and the hooligans and their friends go crazy for this.
You can also jazz it up with extras. I’ll share an amped up version of this with you next week. It will knock your spicy little socks off. Not even joking. It is SO good.
Weber Sauces and Seasonings has reformulated their BBQ sauces. The new sauce “sticks to food” which is incredibly important when grilling.
They make high quality products which contain no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors or artificial preservatives. That’s a good thing.
You can pick up any of the 5 flavours for $3.49 each:
- Original – The perfect blend of natural spices and molasses deliver a sweet, thick taste
- Honey – Sweet and slightly tangy notes combine with subtle spice and fragrant honey for a satisfying bite
- Hickory – Natural hickory smoke melds with a blend of spices for hearty, robust flavor
- Sweet ’N Spicy – A colorful blend of chili pepper, chipotle and molasses results in a spicy flavor boost
- NEW Applewood Brown Sugar – Smoky Applewood combines with the sweetness of brown sugar for deliciously unique taste
Looks amazing, right! Go fire up that grill. Right now. I’ll wait.
Make sure you swing by Weber Sauces and Seasonings Facebook Page to say hello! Tell them Kim of Kiss My Smoke sent you.
Keep tuning in for more fabulous recipes. I have some great *essert recipes coming up. Cobblers, Crisps, S’mores, Brownies, and much more!
Now be confident and get your grill on!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Weber Sauces & Seasonings. The opinions and text are all mine.