This grilled chicken salad with strawberries can be prepared quickly and adapted to your own taste. You can use fresh strawberries, or frozen. Just don’t skimp on the add-in’s!
Nothing beats a great salad. As long as it’s covered in yummy protein.
That’s always been my motto when it comes to eating greens. I’m a carnivore. It’s who I am, at the core.
That said, I do really love variety and mixing things up with fresh fruits and veggies.
I’m a big fan of salads with fruit in them. Any kind of fruit will do, but I am partial to strawberries.
This grilled chicken salad recipe is the perfect mix of protein, fruit and vegetables. It’s such an easy recipe for people of any skill level.
You can make this with any fruit that is in season, or even use frozen fruit. It’s a super adaptable recipe. Mix it up, change this or that. It’s all good.
If you don’t have a grill, feel free to use a grill pan in the oven or on the stove. You can also make the chicken in an air fryer or IP, but where’s the fun it that?!
However you make it, be sure to make lots of it so you have leftovers!
- Chicken – I used boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. You can also use bone in chicken thighs if you want more flavour. Just grill them the same way and then remove the bones.
- Salad Dressing – Italian dressing is what I used in this recipe. You can substitute your own favourite dressing if you like.
- Sauce – For this recipe, I used Teriyaki sauce but you can swap it for balsamic vinegar, balsamic dressing or balsamic vinaigrette if you prefer. Or use any Asian sauce you love. We love Tamari sauce on chicken salads.
- Green Beans – These add so much flavour and they are so good for you. Use fresh if available in your area.
- Lemon – I grilled lemon halves so I could drizzle lemon juice over the salad. Grilling lemon adds a great touch to summer salads.
- Oil – Olive oil is great for this recipe, but you can also use avocado oil or any other kind of oil you prefer.
- Onion – Personally, I’m a huge fan of Vidalia onions for salads and cooking. Feel free to substitute any sweet onion your like, or red onions work as well.
- Lettuce – Any kind of lettuce works in this salad. You can use romaine lettuce, iceberg, spring mix or any kind of lettuce you love.
- Strawberries – Fresh strawberries are wonderful in salads. If you don’t have fresh available then frozen can be substituted.
- Spices – You can add salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Dried Cranberries
- Dried Coconut
- Feta cheese or Goat Cheese
- Any other ingredients you love
How to Make Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries:
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Make sure grates are clean and oiled.
- Marinate the chicken in dressing for about 10 to 20 minutes, while the grill preheats.
- Toss the green beans in about half the oil.
- Cut lemons in half and brush the tops of the other half of the oil.
- Place chicken on grill, discard marinade. Brush the chicken with half of the sauce and cook for about 6 ish minutes. Flip the chicken and brush with remaining sauce, cook for about 4 ish minutes. Remove chicken from grill and allow to rest for about 5 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Slice into thin strips once resting time is done.
- Toss the green beans on the grill, cook for about 8 ish minutes, flipping as necessary. Remove from grill.
- Place lemons on grill, cut side down. Cook for about 3 ism minutes, then flip them around and cook a bit longer. Remove from grill.
- Arrange the salad in a large bowl or plate. Squeeze the lemons over top.
- Serve in a large salad bowl!
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken, Garlic and Broccoli Kebabs
- Easy Chicken Bites
- Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Chicken, Mango and Papaya Kebabs
- Smoked Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Basil Pesto from Cravings of a Lunatic
Places to stalk Kiss My Smoke!
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest ~ Instagram ~ Cravings of a Lunatic
Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries
For the grilled chicken:
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce
For the salad:
- 1 cup green beans or snow peas (approximately 200 g/7 oz)
- 2 lemons halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium Vidalia sweet, or white onion, diced
- 2 cups lettuce your choice
- 1 pint strawberries (approximately 3/4 lb/12 oz/340 ml)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons walnut pieces
- anything you love!
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Clean and oil grill grates.
- Marinate the chicken breasts in Italian dressing for 10 to 20 minutes while the grill heats up.
- Toss the green beans in half the oil.
- Brush the tops of the lemons with the other half of the oil.
- Place chicken on grill, discard any additional dressing. Brush the chicken breast with half the teriyaki sauce, and cook the chicken for 4 to 6 minutes on one side. Flip the chicken breast over, and brush the other side with the other half of the teriyaki sauce. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice into thin strips.
- Grill the beans or peas just long enough to char them, this should take 8 to minutes. Flip the over until they look perfect. Remove and set aside.
- Grill lemons cut side down for about 3 to 5 minutes, flip and grill for about 2 more minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Arrange the salad on a plate, platter, or bowl. Start with the lettuce, add the beans or snow peas, the onion and the strawberries. Toss chicken over top. Squeeze grilled lemon over top for flavour. Set some more lemons inside the bowl for anyone who wants more pucker.
- You can add dressing if you like, but honestly this is divine just the way it is.
- Enjoy with a big old grilled salad loving smile!
Be sure to check out more great grilling recipes by perusing my recipe index. You can also scope out my chicken recipes, and my salad recipes.
While you’re clicking about I’d recommend following me on Pinterest and Instagram.
Now be confident and get your grill on!
Heather Kinnaird says
that salad looks amazing! I’m with you, protein is a must for my salads
Stacey Keeling says
This looks so wonderful!! I love this combination of goodies in a salad.
Your photos are gorgeous too. Very inspiring.
Thank you for sharing at TOHOT. 🙂
Thank you for linking up with us at #HomeMattersParty. See you again next week.
This salad looks so good! Can’t wait to make it!
Eve Hunt says
Thank you for this great post. Your ketchup recipe is a staple in my kitchen! I just made another batch yesterday 🙂
Chef Mimi says
This salad is absolutely gorgeous! I love the ingredients – great flavors and textures.
Thank you very much.
Kate R says
Love love love this salad!! I’ve made it twice now and it’s amazing.
Thanks so much!
I love the combination of flavors! Tastes really good!
This salad is so dang delicous! I could eat it every day, all summer long!
Thanks so much!