This Fire Roasted Yellow and Red Pepper Pesto is so easy to make and it’s bursting with flavour! It’s perfect on sandwiches or used in pasta.
You gotta love a great tasting pesto and this fire roasted red and yellow pepper pesto delivers! It packs some serious flavour.
Fire roasting is easy to do, you can learn how to fire roast peppers on my post How To Tuesday: How to Fire Roast Bell Peppers.
For this pesto recipe, I use my food processor. It helps to ensure perfect pesto every time. You can watch it while it mixes and gradually add more olive oil until the consistency is perfect.
It can be used on my Grilled Smoked Chicken Sandwich Recipe. Honestly, just slather this fire roasted yellow and red pepper pesto all over that sandwich. It’s freaking amazing!
A good pesto recipe will take you far in life. Trust me. It’s the key to happiness. Or at the least the key to happy houseguests.
Now just to tease you a little bit, the photo below shows the sandwich that I spread this latest batch of Yellow and Red Pepper Pesto over top of.
I made a Smoked Chicken, then I sliced that chicken up and turned it into a grilled chicken sandwich. It was so good I could barely hold myself back long enough to snap a few photos.
It’s okay, I cried tears of joy when I ate it so I totally understand your tears of joy over seeing it. Take a moment. Breathe it all in.
Okay, now make this pesto immediately. You will thank me. I promise you.
Other Sauces and Spices:
- Italian Herb Rub
- Bring Da Heat Rub
- Smoked Paprika Rub
- Bacon Barbecue Sauce
- Homemade Peach Barbecue Sauce
- Bacon Jam from my other blog, Cravings of a Lunatic
- Bourbon Bacon Jam from my other blog, Cravings of a Lunatic
Places to stalk Kiss My Smoke!
Facebook ~ Pinterest ~ Instagram ~ Cravings of a Lunatic
Fire Roasted Yellow and Red Pepper Pesto
- 3 medium yellow bell peppers fire roasted
- 3 medium red bell peppers fire roasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium vidalia onion
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (start with 1/4 cup and add more as needed)
- Combine the fire roasted yellow and red peppers, garlic, onion, basil, salt and white pepper in a food processor. Add a little bit of oil and start to pulse the ingredients. Continue to pulse and mix more oil until it's smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and keep in the fridge until needed.
- Great over sandwiches, pasta or even mixed in cold pasta salads.
- Serve with a big old fire roasted pepper loving smile!
Now be confident and get your grill on!
Brenda Newlove says
Hi, I would love to make this pesto with my peppers this year. Have you ever preserved it in jars using a hot water bath?
I just saw this. I have a bunch of comments that got stuck. I apologize. I’ve never tried preserving them. I’m sure you could but I don’t know enough about canning to make suggestions.
Brenda Newlove says
Thank you I will try just a couple small jars
Hey Brenda. Let me know how they turn out.