This post brought to you by Weber Grills Canada. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Kiss My Smoke.
Thanks to Weber Canada for sponsoring this post. Be sure to check out WeberGrillsCA YouTube video at the bottom of the post to learn how Weber is celebrating summer in Canada!
I am a sucker for ribs. There is nothing better than delicious ribs cooked to perfection. I mean NOTHING! Not one single thing beats out ribs for me during the summer.
Not going to lie, I could eat them every single day. Not. Even. Kidding. I love them so much it should be illegal. I am so glad it’s not though. I don’t think I could give up ribs.
My daughter feels the same way as I do. She is a rib fanatic. She grew up being a vegetarian but in the last few years has started eating meat. Ribs are now one of her favourites.
I get along famously well with my daughter, we’re the best of friends and have a very close relationship. My son says we have our own language and way of communicating.
He’s not wrong. We do have a habit of finishing each other’s sentences. And we can practically read each other’s minds. There’s always lots of nodding without speaking.
We rarely argue but when we do it’s usually pretty silly. One thing we argue about it ribs. She likes them cooked in a pressure cooker then finished up on the grill.
I like them smoked, particularly with the 3, 2, 1 method of smoking. It’s perfection every time. The ribs come out perfectly every time. They are tender like crazy.
These ribs are smoked for 3 hours, then cooked for another 2 in the smoker, then finished off on the grill (or smoker if you like) for an hour. They will come out perfect every time.
This is how we celebrate summer at our place. Great food, amazing people, and lots of laughs. It’s how we roll here at the Beaulieu compound.
We will be celebrating a monumental occasion very soon as a family. My daughter has been away at boot camp since Spring. She graduates this weekend.
I cannot wait to see her. I’m so proud of her and all that she has accomplished over the past 4 months. I asked her what food she wants to kick off the week of home cooked meals with and ribs were her top choice.
So we will be celebrating with ribs when she returns home. Lots and lots of ribs. It’s how us Canucks whoop it up on special occasions. There is no better way to celebrate in my opinion.
Go ahead, try to resist these amazing ribs. You can’t. There’s just no resisting saucy ribs cooked to perfection. It’s impossible.
Places to stalk Kiss my Smoke!
- ¼ cup Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup bbq sauce
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- Mix your rub in a small bowl.
- Spread it evenly on the ribs. I usually rub mine the night before, but you can rub whenever you like. Usually a minimum of 2 to 4 hours is best. Rub as evenly as possible and
- Preheat your smoker to 225-230 degrees F. Let it reach the proper temperature before adding food.
- Load apple wood for smoking. I set mine to smoke for 3 hours, so make sure you have enough chips or briquettes for 3 hours of smoke.
- Place the ribs in the smoker and smoke with apple wood for about 3 hours at 225 to 230 degrees F.
- Remove ribs from smoker but leave smoker oven on at the same temperature.
- Lay out tinfoil, enough to wrap the ribs up properly.
- Lay the ribs on the foil. Mix the sauce and orange juice. Pour carefully over the ribs and then seal up the foil carefully so nothing leaks. Place the ribs back in the smoker at 225 to 230 degrees F for about 2 hours. You can continue to smoke with apple wood, or you can just bake them. My daughter likes a light smoke so I typically do not smoke them for the second stage. You can if you like a heavier smokey taste.
- Once they are done remove them from the smoker carefully. Remove from foil. Coat with BBQ Sauce and place back in the smoker for 1 hour. You can smoke again with apple wood, or you can cook them for the final hour without smoke. That choice is yours. Again my daughter likes a light smoke so I only smoke them during the final hour if she is not home. She finds 6 hours of smoke too overwhelming. I know right. She's adopted, or something.
- Remove from the smoker after an hour and give the ribs another quick brush of sauce.
- Enjoy with a big old saucy smile!
Swing by WeberGrillsCA YouTube for tons of summer grilling inspiration. Weber is the ultimate in grills, sauces, recipes and great advice for grilling. If you want to learn to grill this summer there’s no better place to learn than from Weber’s YouTube Channel.
Grab a cold one, watch some videos and then go be fearless while you grill. Be creative, break some rules, and make magic happen.
Celebrate your summer in real Canadian style. Learn to rock that grill. Impress your guests with all your grilling knowledge. I know you can do it. I have complete faith in you!
Post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Kiss My Smoke.
Now be confident and get your grill on!